Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Second Essay Intro

I walk into the big open room with my head drooping towards the thin maroon carpet with my crinkled speach in hand. After realizing I wasn't in a dream I slowly wiped the cold wet tears from my eyes and looked up. After scanning the room from side to side I noticed the long oak pews that were older and worn from the many years of use were completely full. Across the long beams of light shining through the enormous stained glass windows. I saw waves of people as if I was at a rock concert or a packed football gamethat was sold out.
Although these people weren't jumping or screaming like they were at a game or concert. Many were sniffling or gasping for air from anxiety. Some were even gazing into space as if they were being hypnotized by a clock slowly moving back and forth dangling from a chain. Then for the vasy majority, many were gracefully the bright white hankies across their rosey chapped noses from their faces. I then approach my pew full of my best friends who I am used to seeing smiling and laughing but there were no smiles on this day. Only frowns and tears on their faces that would put in an image in my mind that would last forever. An image that sits in the back of my head like a man in a prison cell that lays in his bed thinking about what it would feel like to be free but it never happens.

No comments: