Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Pleasures of the Text

So I was reading this short story about text messaging and it struck me a little odd I would say! In Charles McGraths short essay, he talks about how we can coduct our entire emotional life by transmitting on a cell phone. After thinking about these words for a moment I was a little saddened! I mean think about it, all the little things that make life a little more interesting for us like flirting, using physical emotion while speaking, ect. can all be done on a freaking phone!!! I was saddened because I am quite guilty of it myself also! There is a girl I'm talking to right now, and we spend at least seventy five percent of our time texting! Alot of other things are quite similar too, like email. I know a guy that came home and found that his long time girlfriend who lived with him, took everything and left him the dog and an email breaking up with him!!!! I am quite curious to see what other technoligies we create take away the little things that make life interestin or even pleasurable! Who knows, we may be taking pills in place of cooking and eating food some day!

No comments: